High technology company
OS was established in 2003 as a spin-off of the Institute for Nanostructured Materials Studies (ISMN), of the Italian National Research Council (CNR), Bologna Division.
Today OS is a fully private owned company which maintains strong links with ISMN-CNR Bologna research laboratories which is among the top European centers of excellence in nanotechnology.
OS detains complete Intellectual Property (IP) rights on the Pulsed Plasma Deposition (PPD), an innovative technology and low cost ablation equipment for the fabrication of thin films.
OS has developed fully in-house proprietary rights for the development of new PPD deposition processes for various applications in electronics, optoelectronics, mechanics, and more.
OS also possesses the principal IP assets on materials and processes for the development of a new branch of spintronics (i.e. organic spintronics) for the fabrication of devices based on the combination of colossal magneto resistance - CMR - materials, FM electrodes and organic semiconductors. This new area of science was invented at ISMN-Bologna by Prof. Carlo Taliani in 2002, who is also the OS majority shareholder.
Prof. Carlo Taliani is among the Top Italian Scientist.
- Design, development and commercialization of innovative technologies (PPD ablation sources, systems and accessories) for Thin Film deposition
- Development of Thin Film fabrication processes of materials for the preparation of innovative Thin Films of transparent conducting oxides (TCO), II-IV and III-V semiconductors, buffer layers, hard coatings, nitrides, carbides, glucocorticoids, teflon, colossal magneto resistance manganites (LSMO, PCMO), high TC superconductors, high k dielectrics, etc.
- Development of industrial Thin Film fabrication equipment
- R&D in the field of nanomaterials
- Production of organic Knudsen Cells for deposition of organic semiconductor thin films.